Weingut Aldinger

ESTATE
TRADITION THROUGH INNOVATION

ESTATE

BENTZ DER ALDINGER came to Fellbach in 1492 from the small city of Aldingen with the intention of cultivating grape vines.

 

His arrival would set the foundation for what is today the region's oldest winegrowing estate. Almost 500 years later, in 1955, Gerhard Aldinger married Anneliese Aldinger (neé Pflüger) and decided to convert his father-in-law's existing cooperage into a full- scale winery. _

 

The 1973 acquisition of Untertürkheimer Gips marked another critical milestone in the estate's history. Following the vineyard's purchase, the word GIPS quickly established itself with a new meaning in the region: distinctive, mineral-rich wines unlike any produced here before.

1992 – Building on 500 years of wine growing tradition, Gert Joachim Aldinger takes the helm.

 

Dubbed the 'King of the Kappelberg,' Gert Joachim Aldinger's decision to plant international grape varieties and radically reduce yield broke new ground in the region.

 

15 years later, the estate is among Württemberg's finest. And like the prized vines on the Fellbach slopes, Gert Aldinger's sons Hansjörg and Matthias are aging nicely into the second generation.

 

This seamless transition is a tremendous point of pride for both the family and the estate.

DEDICATED TO TRADITION IN THE VINEYARD AND THE CELLAR